Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Random great day for the Guyton's


How about just a random Tuesday becoming a phenomenal day! I love it! First off, my gorgeous bride came down to have lunch with me!! We went to Willie Ray's on the Marietta Square. I would have loved to have eaten outside, but it was HOT!! (Like 95 in the middle of September!! ugh!) Anyway, we had a great lunch together and it gave me a great mid-day break from the normal work grind! Made my day!!
Then I get the exciting news that Griffin made the jump rope team at Mission Road Elementary!! A VERY high honor and I didn't know if it would happen for him, BUT it did! He really wanted it bad, because Bailey had been on the jump rope team when she was there (and whether he would ever admit it or not, he looks up to her something fierce!!).
Last, and YES very least, my daughter is dating! Not big to me since she ain't goin NOWHERE with any BOY yet!! But, it is a desparately big deal to an eighth grader and she is on cloud nine. The boy "asked her out", "to go with", "boyfriend and girlfriend" - whatever you call it, directly and not in a letter or anything, so I give him props for putting himself "out there" like that, but the only good thing I will say about the young fella is he's got GREAT taste in girls! Like I said, it wasn't a big deal to me, but it means a lot to Bailey, so I put it in the "great day" category!

C

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So glad! As far as Bailey goes....good for her...but makes me kind of sad! I know you are pumped for your baby to being feeling better!