Friday, March 18, 2011

Parenting Stinks

Sometimes parenting just stinks! A lot of reasons could fall under that category including but not limited to discipline. But, what I am currently writing about is when both kids have events going on at the same time! Last night was one of those times!

Grif had his first baseball practice that I desperately wanted to be at! Bailey had a chorus concert with a SOLO that I desperately wanted to be at as well. I guess it is a blessing to have kids that are good at so many things, with good grades to boot, but it makes for some trade-offs occasionally! Donna and I really had a no brainer though. With Bailey having a solo, there was no way either one of us would have been happy watching it on video, so Mimi drew the short straw and took Grif to practice, so Donna nor I would miss Bailey's solo. (If you don't have a Mimi, I highly recommend getting one!)

Bailey did a phenomenal job, and if you are over to the house and remind me of it, you can watch the video like Mimi had to! Grif had a great first practice as well, so all is right with the Guyton house!

It is going to be a beautiful weekend and I am going to eat AT LEAST one meal outdoors!

Enjoy!

C

1 comment:

Steph said...

Donna told me that Bailey had a solo and what night the concert was and I completely forgot...BAD FRIEND! I might have to watch the video. Knowing Bailey though, it was WONDERFUL!!!!

See you Sunday!