Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Events

Friday after work I went to get my hair cut then hurried home, just in time to leave for Rome. We met my nephew John in Rome to eat dinner then he was staying with us for the weekend. We ate a Sumo Japanese!! We came home and played dominos for a couple of hours while we caught up on everything with he and Sarah!! She was at the Merchandise Mart for the weekend with her mom. We missed seeing her!!
Saturday was a softball tourney at Dellinger!! We don't get to play there enough. We didn't do great. A very bad showing compared to how we have been playing. We got home and Lorraine started making chicken n' dumplins!! The rest of us played a little four square.
Sunday School was good. Continuing on the ten commandments. We had some more good discussions. Church was wonderful. Worship set was good and Doug, filling in for Pastor, did a good job!!! We had lunch at grandaddy Austin's house for his 81st birthday!! Chicken casserole, chessy hashbrown casserole, green beans, mmmmm!!!
We went out with Shep and Andrea to Mellow Mushroom (it was good this time!!) and had a great time. I had a great time talking with them. They add a lot of perspective! I was able to hash out some of the stuff rolling around in my mind. They were too. Hopefully I will be able to blog some of my thoughts on the things we talked about soon.
A GREAT WEEKEND!!
C

P.S. A little belated, but good luck to everyone who auditioned for praise team yesterday!!

No comments: