Monday, May 17, 2010

Science Olympiad, Family, and Campaigning!!

We had a great weekend at the Guyton House!! Bailey and Mimi left early on Friday to go to Auburn for Katie's graduation. War Eagle (wow - throwup doesn't taste all that bad. (Go Dawgs!)) Anyway Grif, Donna and I went to Jefferson's Friday night to eat!! I hadn't been yet and it was very good!! I will be going again! We went to my grand parents for a visit after that! It has just been wayyyyy too long since I have been to see them!! I get to busy and consumed with my own life to visit a lot and that isn't good, so a correction does have to be made!
Saturday we spent all day at Kennesaw State University for Griffin's Science Olympiad State Championship!! It was a great day! Watching all those "scientists" competing was cool! The only actual event the parents got to watch was the rocket launch! The kids had to build a rocket out of a 2 liter coke bottle including a parachute, and they would shoot it into the air and the parachute would deploy, then the time stopped when it hit the ground! It was extremely cool! I wish that had been one of Grif's events!
Saturday night we cooked out with the Lovett's!! Jerk chicken, hashbrown casserole, salad, and then I made homemade vanilla ice cream!! First time for me to do that for my kids! My parents and grand parents have done it, but I have not!! It was a blast!
Sunday we had welcome desk upstairs, so we missed the graduation service at church! Bailey had an incredible pitching lesson!! She is getting very good and I can't wait to see her start a game instead of just relieve! When we got home, Bailey, Grif and I went to put up signs in some yards. I can't wait until we get literature in, so we can start going door to door and really campaigning!! That's where the fun is!
Shep asked me last Thursday to be his campaign manager!! It is an absolute dream job for me. C.M. is something I've always thought I would be good at! I sure pray I don't let him down!
C

No comments: