Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Overwhelmed

I won!! God is good! The people of Euharlee gave me the most votes in the election and I am amazed! I can't wait to get started. There is a lot to do!


We had a great day of waving and sign holding at the precinct. A lot of folks stopped and talked to us. Lorraine sat with me for most of the day and then Donna came up there after work. I got to talk to Councilman Eubanks and Councilman Worthington a lot over the course of the day as well! It was just a blast! Of course, if you know me, you already know how much I love campaigning! It was a great campaign and a great way to culminate it!


At 7 pm, we all removed our signs, and went up to the front door of city hall with 15 or so people who wanted to know the results! When the city manager taped the slips of paper from the voting machines to the front door, a few people went up there, but I stayed back. I heard someone congratulate Councilman Worthington and then I heard someone mention my name!!! I was excited. Donna and I walked up there and she tallied the three totals from the three voting machines and I had gotten the most votes! Overwhelmed is an understatement! We left and went over to Elizabeth Street to see the vote certified and look at the absentee results, and when all was said and done, I had 206 votes of the 338 people that voted! Right at 61%!! Donna and I were pumped and went out to dinner to celebrate!! It was an amazing night that I doubt I will ever forget!!


C

No comments: