Monday, November 7, 2011

What a blast!!

The campaigning is over and now all that is left to do is set up the poll tonight with signs and stand out in front of the polls on Tuesday! Voting day is almost here and I am excited. After last year, I have no confidence in how everything will turn out, but I am hopeful! I am thankful for all the people that have supported me! It is truly humbling!
There is something so cool about knocking on doors to introduce yourself and discuss issues relevant to your community with people. The things you find, while knocking on doors could be made into a book! Some people don't want to be bothered, which is understandable! But, when you knock on a door and the person that answers it has a genuine love for the community and wants to ask you questions and give feedback, it becomes well worth the effort! I know a lot of people running for office, don't do that anymore and rely on signs and ads, but I think that type of conversations and involvement is sorely needed in our communities today!
Anyway, thank you to my neighbors in Euharlee that have allowed me in your homes to talk about our city! I will do my best if elected, and that, is my one and only campaign promise!
More frequent posts after the busyness of a campaign is over!
C

No comments: