Monday, January 11, 2010

A year ago

A year ago today was just like any other Sunday. We went to church. Worshipped, Bible Study, Lunch, home for a nap. I went to Basketball Practice for our church team. Played/practiced for two hours!! Two hours, full court, sweating, running, you get the picture!
Anyway, when I got home, things changed. A few hours later I was in surgery clearing a 100% blockage, to relieve the major heart attack I was experiencing. It was taken care of so quickly that today I have VERY little permanent damage!!
God carried me through it. There is no doubt in my mind. New lease on life. I work out daily now. I eat better. I play better. You name it, I try to do it better. The same me, just different!
Many people over this last year in my family, my church family, work, friends etc. have helped and encouraged me in this life change. From constantly asking about smoking, or telling me I look good with the weight loss, to praying for me (and my family!), just numerous ways. I can't express how good it feels to have such great friends!
Donna has put up with a lot. In sickness and in health, for better or for worse. She ovbiously meant those vows and has been steadfast beside me! She is an amazing woman and I am lucky to be able to call her my wife and my best friend!
I still have a long way to go to reach certain goals that I have set for myself, but I feel like I am making great progress.
C

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So glad to have you here! So proud of the hard changes you have put in place. We are praying for continued progress with NO condemnation. We love your family!