Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wonderful Reminder!

It's funny to me how sometimes I find myself wallowing in something. Whether it be health, or money, or the struggles of smoking, blah, blah, blah... It's always SELF-pity. or SELF-doubt. But ALWAYS involves te word SELF. (add the ish on the end and you get it)
Anyway, lately (for a few months anyway) I have been focused on "I'm not worthy" of the ultimate sacrifice that was paid for me. In my prayer life, such as it is, every time I have prayed I've been thanking God for THE gift that I am unworthy of!
On the way to work this morning, I was listening to IBN and Dr Michael Youssef was preaching on this very topic. The main point to his message, which I am sure I was directed to listen to this morning, was to quit focusing on you unworthiness of THE gift but the GRACE which God showed in giving THE gift of Jesus! The message was on point to what I had been needing to hear! Because, as it turns out, according to Dr. Youssef, NO ONE is worthy, but God's Grace is sufficient!
Amen
C

No comments: