Wednesday, December 22, 2010

This is Christmas!!

I guess we all have a little inner child in us, but I get so excited around Christmas! Mostly because I know better than ever that we celebrate our Savior's birth!! I love the songs we sing together! I love the worship we do together! I love our families getting together! I love the prayers we offer of thanksgiving for a gift so underserved! I love it all!!
BUT.... also, the excitement of our children. The wonder of waking up Christmas morning to see what Santa brought. Opening the gifts to each other to see things we normally wouldn't buy for ourselves. I just love this time of year! The cold on your face. Curling up by a fire (even if it is gas logs!) Hot chocolate. The smell of the Christmas tree. MMMMMMMMM Just great times for all the senses!
Schedule:
Friday Morning: Breakfast with my parents and grandparents, followed by opening gifts with my parents and sister's family (this year that will be via skype, since they couldn't come down from Cleveland).
Christmas eve service at church ended by silent night by candle light!!
Saturday morning: Wake up to see what Santa brought followed by breakfast at Granddaddy Austins with all my aunts uncles and cousins.
Lunch with my dads side of the family and opening presents!
Sunday worship at church followed by NOTHING!!! I like the way Sunday sounds already!! Don't you?
Have a wonderful CHRISTmas everyone!
C

No comments: