Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Weekend

Weekends around my house have been something great lately! Literally breaks from day to day grind stuff and lots of family fun, followed generally by great worship experiences on Sundays! This weekend was no exception!
Grif and I spent ALL day together on Saturday! We needed some testosterone time! Waffle House breakfast, a trip to the dump, Woodland Middle to see Bailey sing the National Anthem before the Middle School Championship games, a trip to Cartersville Sports Plex batting cages, and a little time visiting with Oma. Good conversations with a 10 year old boy!

Saturday night was the annual Service League dance at the new civic center! (If you have not been to an event yet at the new Cartersville Civic Center; you need to look for a reason to go!! It is amazing!) The dance, as always, beneifits the Boys' and Girls' Clubs of Bartow. Great event, great cause, great food, great music, and Donna and I even won a new (much needed) coffee maker in the silent auction!! We had a blast! Even though Donna was still fighting a sinus infection, it was a great night! Of course, any date night with her is a great night, but even better still when she looks something like this:


Wow! She is smokin HOT!

I digress....

Sunday at church was just incredible! The worship set was great but Pastor Randall was on fire! Preaching from his heart, from the Bible, and straight to me! Good stuff!

Monday, of course was Valentine's Day. It was also 20 years ago to the day that Donna and I first spoke to each other! Very cool stuff! (Technically, she hit on me; but that is another story!) We are getting each other a trip to Savannah at the end of this month to watch Bailey sing in All-State. I am very excited! I did however, try to cook a special dinner for all my valentines! It did not turn out my best, as I let the bbq chicken get a little crusty on the outside! But the menu was: bbq chicken, scallopped potatos, field peas, cornbread (pretty good for my first time), and brownies for dessert!! Good, but like I said not my best effort!

Oh, side note: I had to drop Bailey off at Bobby Mansfield's house on Sunday afternoon because Jon was taking the girls to pitching lessons, and Miss Bobby done had the old school Sunday spread out! Turkey, dressing, corn, green beans, rolls, and strawberry or cherry something for dessert! It made me long, for the days before my grandmother's stroke, when we used to do that as a family! Not every weekend, but at least once or so a month! I miss that! I know it is a lot of work, but I think I am going to have to try to start that tradition at my house! I miss it too much to at the very least not give it a chance! So, if you get a Sunday Supper invite, you'll know what to expect!! LOL

C

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Um...we are game to eat even one of your less-than-best meals anytime! Seriously Ava mourns that I cannot do dumplings like Mimi! You and Donna looked great...so glad ya'll had a blast.