Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Christmas Time!!

All the hustle and bustle of the season, would be why this time of year is one of my favorites. I go to bed exhausted every night, but it is a fun time!!
Saturday, we woke up and I made a pound cake and my mother in law started making the chicken for chicken and dumplins!!
Both kids had a basketball game. Grif's team won and he scored 6 points. He got the offensive player award for the game!! Bailey's team lost, but played much better than the week before. Bailey improved A LOT since her first game. It was a blast.
We came home and finished the dumplins and took them and the cake over to Jay and Dawn's for dinner. It was a wonderful visit and their house was gorgeous with Christmas decorations!! The deer mount makes the living room PERFECT!! (Sorry Dawn, LOL) Jay was pretty sore from his surgery, but it was great to see them and have dinner together.
Sunday, we worshiped at church and had an amazing time!! The praise team ladies sang "O Holy Night", and it was INCREDIBLE!! (I wish they would record a cd, cause I would buy it!!)
We got home and I went straight to the kitchen and got busy for a Christmas dinner party we were hosting!! I love being in the kitchen!! (Not so big on the clean-up, of course!!) I spent the better part of 5 hours straight in there! Salad, chicken casserole, pineapple cheese casserole, home grown green beans, carrots, sour cream pound cake, and pecan pie were the menu for the adults, while the children enjoyed pizza and home made chocolate chip cookies!! The Hodorffs, Lovetts, and Englands came over with all the children and we had a wonderful time!! If God has blessed you with a great family and great friends, you are a rich person!! I feel like Bill Gates!!
We did take some time to play Nerts, a fun card game that is more fun with the more people you have!! Of course with Jon England's type A personality, we may have created a monster!! LOL.
This week has been busy at work, but that is a blessing too!! There aren't a lot of people that can say their company is busy, so I feel blessed!!

1 comment:

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nerts”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks