Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Something is going on!!!......

I guess it is the season of Thanksgiving, that we of course should have year round, that makes me constantly think of the great things God is, has, and (praying) will continue to do in my life and the life of my family. 15 years ago today I was getting ready to go to a wedding rehearsal and dinner with my family and my future in laws. I couldn't have begun to know then what joys God had in store for me or our marriage!! Donna is the most wonderful wife. She is strong, smart, loving, and not to mention beautiful!! My heart still pounds when she kisses me, and I can't imagine why God has chosen to bless me with such a woman!!
To say that our children are blessings to us would be an under statement!! They are both incredibly smart, and I can't wait to see God's hand in their future!! I pray that we do a good job with these beautiful children God has entrusted in our care.
Work is going well, which is a blessing in this economy!! The LA Fitness is open in our shopping center, and that has seemed to help with the walk-in traffic portion of our business!! I continue to pray that God will bless my company.
The title of this blog is two fold. First, you know what I mean when I say that every day this month, something is going on!! This is the season that we should stop, more so than any other season, to reflect on the gift that God gave whosoever should believe, but seem to have the least amount of time for that reflection!!
BUT, above that, something just seems to be going on. I can't explain it eloquently!! Everywhere I look, it seems something is happening, that is leaving me anticipating!! From simple things, such as our church growing leaving me anticipating something GOOD, or our anniversary leaving me anticipating the next 15 years; to big things, like the state of the world, leaving me anticipating God's return!! Or my sister expecting her first baby, leaving me anticipating a larger family!! Or standing with Shep and Andrea watching Caroline's (Raphaela's) progress, leaving me anticipating a HEALING. I don't know, or can't explain, there is just an "are you ready?" question looming, no, not looming, dancing in the air over a lot of my life. "Prepared?", "Excited?", "Anticipating?", maybe more than anything else: "EXPECTING?" Do I live EXPECTING God to show up any minute? Sounds strange I am sure, because I can't explain it well, but something is just going on!!!

No comments: