Thursday, May 7, 2009

Local Happenings

What is going on in the 'ville?
Well, we have been praying for Julia Ray since Monday when she received a skull fracture when the entertainment system at her house fell on her. She has been a Egleston since she was life flighted there. Things are looking good, but we are waiting for the results of the CT Scan this morning to show less blood than yesterday in the brain. Jac and Jody need to bring that baby home!!
Carrie Panter Trotter's graduation party is Saturday evening, and I can't wait to see my whole family. (Havn't seen everyone since Christmas!!)
My dad's birthday is also this weekend!! And I am going to attempt a German Chocolate Cake for the event!! Mema Flossie used to do this, but can't now and dad did his own last year, but I don't think that is right having to bake your own cake for your birthday, so I'll let you know!!
I am going to cook sumpin goooood on Sunday because my wife is the best mother in the world to our children!! I might even make (err. I mean let) the children help me in the kitchen!! LOL.
This past Sunday was 16 weeks since the heart attack. 16 weeks since my last cigarette. Down a few pounds from exercise and eating better!! Good stuff.
C

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Keep it going.....

Amanda Brantley said...

16 weeks, that is AWESOME!