Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A quick update

Things have been going good. I have had a few things in my mind for the past couple of weeks, and as of today, feel a weight lifted off my shoulder because I have made two decisions!! WooHoo.
After much thought and prayer, I am putting in my letter of intent to run for Euharlee City Council. A friend called a couple of weeks ago to ask me to consider doing this. If you know me well, you know that I LOVE politics. While this might have seemed like a "no-brainer"; it was very much a "brainer" (if that makes any sense). The reason I finally decided to do this is that in these tough economic times, I believe that the kind of elected officials we need, are those who love God, love their families, love their communities and are fiscally conservative. I believe those qualities are found inside me and therefore I believe I can do a good job for the City of Euharlee.
Councilman David Stout quit mid-term and I am applying to be appointed to fill his remaining two years in office. I don't know any of the other Councilmen which may be a disadvantage, but I don't come in with any preconcieved notions or agendas either! I covet your prayers and I should know within a couple of weeks.
The other decision is that I am not quitting my job. At least. not yet!! LOL - I am going to start my own desert bakery out of my house, on the side for now. That one was a little more of a "no-brainer", but it was still tough, because I have a vision. Anyway, more on that another time!!
Workouts are still going great. My new cardiologist is happy with all the "progress". On a side note: 18 years and 2 days ago, when I met Donna (she hit on me (that is another story)) I weighed 195 pounds. Today, I weigh the same!! Kind of cool side effect of this keeping my heart healthy thing!!
C

2 comments:

Steph said...

Well as someone who lives in Euharlee, I would love to see you on the City Council. Will be praying for you as you move into these new areas. As I have to keep reminding myself, that if God has called you to it then He will get you though it.

Steph

Andrea said...

Good for you!! I think you would be great!