Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Submitting, praying, reading, learning

I have a confession.
Before last night, I had NEVER spent over 5 minutes in a place by myself on my knees before my God. How bout that? I am of the opinion that those type of confessions are why our "witness" to the world falls on deaf ears. I read something a guy, who is either an atheist or an agnostic, wrote that said MOST "Christians" are painfully ignorant when it comes to the Bible. He went on to quote a survey that just over 90% haven't read the Bible cover to cover. (I am one of the 90%, but am in the process of doing so,fyi). BUT, If we don't pray, and don't read the Bible HOW ARE WE REALLY DIFFERENT? In their eyes? I know the Christian correct answer is we are different because Jesus lives in us. But in their eyes? They know a lot of "good" folks, how are we different? Anyway....
I have been attending a prayer service on Sunday nights for 5 or 6 months. Over the course of that, my prayers have changed. (so have I). But I am praying like I have never before. I LOVE IT. Prayer is tough. Prayer is challenging. Prayer is freeing. Prayer is a lot of things. But ABOVE ALL: Prayer is scriptural and Prayer is RELATIONSHIP!! I want it. I NEED it.
So ALL day yesterday I am yearning. Never had that happen before. But I have been praying for that desire!! Yearning to read the Bible, and pray. I had a great day!! Because I knew I was going to make time.
So, last night I had to take some time to pay bills. (FUN!! woohoo) And after, I locked my bedroom door, I got my Bible on my bed, I got all my bills and financial stuff out on the bed, and I got a business plan out (more on that another time). I got on my knees to pray. 30 minutes later I was done. It was an incredible time. I prayed for a lot of different things. I prayed over our finances (literally), over the business plan, But most of all I just prayed with a spirit of Thanksgiving for saving me, and for the changes He has been and continues to bring in my heart!! Then for the next 30 minutes I was singing songs in praise. A bedroom worship service!! Tears flowed, joy, excitement, healing. It was awesome!! (Andrea's blog is a great place to get the music for that if you want to have an alone worship service, FYI).
In the title you'll notice I wrote submitting, but now that I'm writing, I feel that God doesn't want me to share that right now, so...
I guess I'm done.
C

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm jealous of that experience. Good for you...so glad Christ is at work changing and making new.