Monday, March 15, 2010

Great weekends are good for the soul!!

I had another incredible weekend. Friday night we went out with some friends to Red Skye in Marietta. It is a piano bar. I had never been to a dueling piano show, even as much as I love music! The two guys were incredible! It was 3 straight hours of great entertainment! They knew and played one of my requests, one of my all time favorite songs, Scenes from an Italian Restaurant, by Billy Joel. They played the whole version!! (Like 7 minutes long!!)
Saturday was a nice relaxing day! We didn't do anything worthwhile. Just hung out at the house, took a nap, watched a TON of college basketball!! Then I had already decided to cook dinner and what I wanted to cook!! So I went at it:
Fried Chicken!!!
Mashed taters (Donna made these! Best I ever ate!)
Pineapple cheese casserole
And, with apologies to Moore's Gourmet Market:
Sweet Potato Biscuits!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Great Day!!
Sunday morning got to my house an hour earlier than normal (I know it did for everyone, but this blog is about me!! LOL)
I was on vocal team, so I dragged myself in early and went to singing. I got there in a bad mood!! You could say that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but if I told you the truth, I was in a bad mood for very selfish reasons. I wasn't in the mood to lead out in worship. But, thanks be to God, I couldn't stay that way. Somewhere during the first song of the first service, while we were singing Hallelujah, God is Here, He got my attention and changed my thought process. Period. My attitude changed, I'm sure my demeanor changed, the sound I was hearing changed and by the time we got to the second song, I was singing TO God, not about Him.
Pastor preached a tough sermon. Not all that tough to hear, but a tough sermon inasmuchas (LOL) there is a lot of controversy on the scriptures he preached on. And I can ALWAYS respect anyone who says, "I don't understand all of these verses", before he starts. Fact is, there is NO way to understand ALL the Bible. But I can promise this: there is no way to understand ANY of it if you aren't in it. Period.
Bible study was challenging. I think I'm going to ask Shep if he will speak on tort reform for a few weeks in Bible Study!! Then I could tune out without God continually poking me in the chest! LOL
We are beginning a study on the book Forgotten God. It is going to be interesting to say the least!!
Have a great week!
C

No comments: