Monday, March 8, 2010

I had the best weekend!!

How often can you really say that? We had an incredible weekend!!
Friday night we went to the Hodorff's for pizza and a game night!! It was an absolute blast!
Saturday morning, Donna and I helped with the Awana Grand Prix at Church! Lisa Lovett did an amazing job, putting that event together! We were done by 12:30 and then decided to go have lunch before going home!
We went to Moore's Gourmet Market, which I have never been to, and sat on the patio to in the mid -50 degree day in the sun and ate lunch! It was chilly enough to have to keep your jacket on, but it was wonderful to eat outside and enjoy some warmth after this winter we have had! Not to mention, having my wife's undivided attention and she having mine is ALWAYS a pleasure!! Very romantic lunch!
We went by the grocery store, so I could get a couple of items I needed for a romantic dinner!! Donna and I got in a good nap. Then, I watched Grif shoot his B.B. gun in the backyard while I was grilling dinner. Bailey was unfortunately reading a book for a book report!
Carribean Jerk Chicken
French Onion Rice
Wilted Spinach w/ crumbled bacon
Homemade Apple Pie a la mode for dessert!!
After the kids went to bed we watched a couple of funny movies. Hangover (Funny parts but overall slow I thought - and raunchy!!) and Couples retreat (Funny parts but overall slow I thought too!) Been a while since I have seen a GREAT movie!
Anyway, Sunday brought a wonderful day of worship! I was on vocals and had to be at church at 7:45 (still yawning,LOL) Then we had 7 songs in the lineup!! 7! is a lot!! times 2 services, but it was an incredible worship set!! I led out on our newest congregational worship song called "I Will Rise". An absolutely incredible song! I felt good about the 1st service, but I went flat a couple of notes in the 2nd service!! Not to bad, just not the way you want to lead out on a new song especially!
Anyway, Bailey's pitching lessons went great, but you could tell she missed a weeks lesson. She was rusty, and had work extra hard! The weather was still great when we got home, so Grif and I went outside to throw the baseball (yes the season in right around the corner already!!) Then he wanted to shoot his bb gun, which he did for a few minutes until he came inside and broke one of the major rules (DO NOT COCK THE GUN IN THE HOUSE PERIOD!!) Gun put up, number 1 son not happy with himself!! LOL.
Prayer time at church was incredible! It just always is!
Got home to the smell of mimi frying catfish, hushpuppies, and home fries, mmmmm come on!! Surely my cardiologist wouldn't approve, but I got after it this morning in the gym to makeup for it!!
Anyway, A phenomenal weekend with the family and the sun!! God made a beautiful weather weekend and we took FULL advantage!
C

No comments: