Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Bliss

What an incredible weekend!! I will be smiling until next weekend because of all the excitement! (I hope)
My tournament team won the tourney on Saturday!! I had a good defensive day and decent offensive (not what I am used to, but it is early in the season). Bailey and Grif both had good practices and ended the day watching daddy at 10:30 pm winning the tourney in a blustery wind!!
Sunday started with an awesome church service! An awesome bible study discussion, and a field trip to the 2nd worship service to watch one of our classmates get baptized and her family join the church!! (how cool!)
Side Note** I got to meet Nell Womack, Joseph's wife, and Tess's sister-in-law. I originally got to her blog one day when I was extremely bored at work and she and some of her friends via their blogs have some incredible recipes!! I mention that so that if you need some quick fix meals with big flavors, it could serve you well to do some snooping around Nell's and blog friend list to do some seriously good eating!!
Back to the regular scheduled program....
Bailey's pitching lesson went great!! She was serious, and working hard!! We had moved her lesson up one hour for the night of worship at the church.
I got back to the church at 3 for vocal team mic check and to make sure we knew all the X's and O's of the game plan. Choir rolled in at 4:30 and we ate a little bit before sound check! Then we ate a little bit after sound check!! The vocal team circled up for a prayer after our sound check that was an incredible time! Moments like that really solidify us as a team, in my opinion. It was sweeeeeet!
Anyway the night of worship/live recording went amazing!! A couple of problems made us have to redo a couple of songs but I think the choir could've gone on worshipping all night!!
I was exhausted but energized. Drained, but ready to offer more!!
It was a truly awesome weekend!! Very special service that I will never forget!! I can't wait to hear the cd!!
C

No comments: