Thursday, January 20, 2011

Changes and such

My "little" girl is in 8th grade. I can't express just how proud I am of Bailey. She keeps excellent grades, has excellent friends, excels in any sport she wants, and is respectful at home (most of the time, ha)! This has been a great week and a horrible week for us as parents. We are filling out paper work for the honors program at the High School?!?!? You have got to be kidding? My baby is not old enough to go to High School!! ugh! Anyway, the paperwork is a job in and of itself, but through all of the stuff Bailey has had to write about herself, I've gotten to see my daughter through her own eyes. Of course, she is a 14 year old girl, and doesn't view herself as confidently as I think she should, BUT she has done some amazing things during those 14 years and seems to be proud of herself! That's a pretty good feeling for a father!!
Tuesday night we had the Helton's out for dinner. Caroline has been in the hospital and is still not 100%, so we wanted to make at least one night for them a little easier, with no cooking or cleaning and such! Anyway, we had a blast hanging out with them and talking past bedtimes! Note to self (and anybody else): things we need to do more of: hanging with friends!
Note only does the food always fill you up and nourish you, but the fellowship is always fun and makes for great memories!!
Last night in midweek worship, Frank announced that I am the new choir "president". Jaybird has been in that position for a while, and was ready (probably past ready) to lay it down. I don't know what all extra that will involve, but I would say if I can do anything to help the choir grow that I will have done a good job! There are sooooo many talented singers in our congregation that do not sing in the choir! We have enough talented singers in the church to easily double our numbers in the choir..... So, with that said.... COME JOIN US!! And, if you are already in the choir, INVITE someone to COME JOIN US!!
C

2 comments:

Steph said...

You will do a wonderful job as our choir president. You have such a heart for leading God's people into worship. Once again I look forward to working with you.

I can't believe Bailey is going into high school either. I had her in class her 6th grade year a WMS, that was my first year subbing.

Have a wonderful day!
Steph

Andrea said...

So proud of your girl too! She is a delight to be around...and so helpful with my kids Tuesday night. Those dumplings were awesome. I didn't get to enjoy the leftovers b/c my man took them with him to Blakeley. Love ya'll! Let's do it again soon...