Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

What an awesome first 4 days of the new year! The newness of things seems to be a breath of fresh air to me! This morning, I felt convicted while working out. I know that sounds funny, but God can use whatever he wants!
Anyway, it is (and I guess always has been) to "gymrats" an ongoing joke or pool as to how long the "resolution newbies" will last. Now keep in mind, the "cardio loft" at the L.A. Fitness I go to has over 60 machines. During the month of August there may be 5 to 7 of them getting used at my time of the morning. But during the "newness" of January, yesterday and today there was probably 30 to 35 being used at my time. Anyway. I'm cranking out on the eliptical, going hard and listening to my new ipod (thanks Santa (my Santa is HOT!!)) and people watching and thinking that person won't be here after a week, that person won't last a month...blah blah blah you get the point. When I look up at the television in time for them to show some of the quarterbacks that have had good bowl games, and the qb from TCU was the one on the screen and I remembered that in his interview he quoted 1 Peter 5:6 - Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
I thought to myself, that I shouldn't be judging these "newbies". ( Judging is a sin I seem to have a great deal of problem with!!) I should actually be cheering for them. I should be hoping they succeed in their goals. We all should. On a daily basis, we should encourage each other. We should humble ourselves, under God's hand. I think that would involve encouraging, and lifting up each other. I felt stupid judging them, knowing that in one week would be the 2 year anniversery of what made me a "newbie" in the gym at that time!!
C

No comments: