Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An interesting start to 2011?!?


This is what we woke up to on Monday January 10th. Before all the footprints of play ruined it!


Griffin and I doing a little ridin and slidin!!

Bailey and Bailey getting ready to head down the hill. (Large Hill!!)

Top of the hill neighborhood snowball fight!!

Well, when God gives you a blanket of snow that you "can't" make it to work in, you just have to turn into a kid again! Donna's 3 kids went out playing for most of the day on Monday! We had a blast that the above pictures just can't show! All of North Georgia got snow. Our area got 6 inches or so, followed by a tenth of an inch of ice. Further south of us (Cobb County) got less snow, but more ice and their roads still look horrible!
Saturday, Bailey had All-State auditions and Donna was there helping compile scores. Bailey made a 100% by the way, a score not achieved by many!! That's my baby girl! That left me to do the preparing for the weather predictions. I went to the dump (normal Saturday thing) gassed up the 4 wheel drive truck, grocery store (I'd have rather given blood!!) etc. We got everything handled and then Grif had a basketball game. He scored A LOT. We couldn't keep up with the counting so we don't know exactly how many! He played great defense too! That's my boy!
Sunday was a wonderful day of worship at church! Music set was wonderful!!!! Then the pastor's message was on prayer!! His words had conviction, because I think he was convicted to preach on this particular topic at this particular time to this particular congregation! I can't wait to see where it takes us!! It was a powerful message!
Sunday evening we went to the Hodorff's and had homemade vegetable soup and watched Green Bay narrowly pull out a playoff win to earn the right to come to Ga and get their butt kicked, oops, I mean play Atlanta this weekend!! Go Falcons.
By the time we got home, got a little hot chocolate made, and buckled down for the night, the much predicted snow began. It was gorgeous. Heavy downpours of snow with big flakes. Lightening and thunder as well, Which is a rare occurance they call "Thundersnow" (Sounds like a wrestler on tv, huh?). Anyway, I took some medicine as I had begun to feel bad, and prayed I would feel like playing in the morning!! Then we woke on Monday to 6 inches of snow!! A GREAT amount! Not totally paralyzing, but plenty to play hookie from work and play in!!
Some type of football game was going on Monday night, I can't remember what!!
Oh yeah, I remember, the university on the plains in Alabama, the cult I married into, Auburn was playing for the National Championship.
Amazing game! Long game! Stressful game (according to Donna)! Auburn U came out with the win on a field goal with NO time left on the clock. Wonderful championship game!
War Eagle
Tuesday I heeded the D.O.T. s warnings not to get out again unless absolutely necessary and stayed home from work again. We had another great day of games and such. I ventured out to work this morning, but as of now (10:35) haven't seen a customer!! LOL - I doubt I will be here all day. My parking lot is so iced over, I'm afraid my customers couldn't make it in here without falling anyway!!
Last thing: Two years ago right now, I was laying in a hospital bed at Redmond Regional in Rome, GA. The night before, I had a major heart attack at the age of 37 that radically changed my life. I'm lucky to still be here after the heart attack doctors call "the widow-maker", because generally you first feel it on your way to the floor, and it's generally the last thing you feel. By far the scariest night of my life up to this point. I am thankful to God that he still had things for me to do here!! Mentally was probably tougher on me than physically. Physically, I can just eat better, and workout, and my cardiologist is happy (and so is my heart!)! But mentally, the understanding that tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone, even a 37 year old, is a tough pill to swallow! Of course, it is also a liberating thought too! I have gotten to know my wonderful wife more over these last two years. It is not as though I didn't know her before, but I like to pay more attention to the small things now that I probably didn't notice before. She is a gift from God that I treasure daily now!
Here's to no more abulances and maybe a little more boring life?!?
C

No comments: