Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Random

As I sit at the office drinking my 2nd cup of coffee (mmmmm), my mind is wandering to nothing in particular. That is happening a lot lately. Nice break from constantly being worried about college funds, retirement funds, future stuff. I've been focusing a lot more on the present lately. The here and now. I havn't talked a great deal about my follow up appointment last week, so I guess this is as good a time as any to get thoughts off my chest.
There is permanent damage to my heart, which obviously I was hoping against!! There is a very good chance that I will get to experience another heart attack again at some point in my life, even if I continue eating healthier, losing weight, not smoking, blah blah blah. Anyway, not the kind of news I was hoping for when at that visit, but the kind of news I got. Needless to say, Thursday and Friday weren't great days!! I was feeling sorry for myself and all that entails. Mad, ticked, sad, upset...etc.
Anyway, since none of us knows the time designated for our final breath here, I guess now I'm just like the rest of you mortals; one day I will die. I guess that I was not aware of this before that Dr appointment!! Crazy huh?
I can start walking and such. I will also be going to cardiac rehab (whatever that means). And hopefully in a month or so, I might be able to play a little softball. We will have to see.
Thank you for all your prayers during this time. I do continue to ask for them for a while longer!!
C

1 comment:

Mande said...

I am unbelievely saddened by the news from your doctors appt. However, we will assume that The Great Physician has this under His ultimate control and that your sweet wife and kiddos will have you around longer than they know what to do with. We love you Mande