Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend of rest

No plans. How good does that sound leaving work on Friday afternoon and knowing you have nothing planned for the weekend?? Sounds boring except for that rare weekend when it is perfect and this weekend was perfect!!
Saturday we spent at the house and were flipping channels when we saw the first part of Gone with The Wind on some station. 12 hours later it was over. (Joking) But it is a LONG movie. Then Donna and I got in the kitchen together, something we don't do a lot, but are starting to and I LOVE it!!
Sunday we got to go to church!! Bible Study was incredible, as always!! and worship was amazing!! Andrea Helton and Drew Startup, both sang solos and were both INCREDIBLE!!! Pastor taught on prayer, which is an area of my life that has been improving, but needs more improving!! It was a great time of worship with my church family, and my God!!
Sunday afternoon gave way to a nice Sunday nap!! Which then led to Donna and I back in the kitchen!! WONDERFUL!!! I would tell you the menu for both days, but don't want to make you jealous!! LOL.
I know a lot of my friends have been dealing with sickness, either themselves or children, so I pray for rest and healing for those going through this crud that is hitting us right now!!

No comments: