Monday, June 29, 2009

Family weekend!!

I had an amazing weekend with my family!!
Friday, I got home from work and we all packed a picnic and our tennis raquets!! We went to the Euharlee covered bridge and threw out our blacket by the river. We ate our dinner and talked and laughed!! It was wonderful. Romantic too (even with the kids there). You know those shared looks that I am talking about!! Anyway.... we walked over the bridge and had fun scaring Bailey!! (She didn't like the space between the boards!! LOL) We then went over to Osborne Park and hit the tennis ball for an hour or so, before going back home drench in sweat!!
Saturday I had an early softball game in Aragon. It was a fun benefit tourney for the volunteer fire department of Aragon. A huge family day with bbq plates, craft booths, bouncy things for the kids, pony rides, softball tourney, and around 10pm a fire works show that was VERY impressive (as big, but not quite as long as the ones in Cartersville on the 4th!!) We came in 3rd in the tourney and arrived home at 4AM!!! Ouch. Which leads straight into Sunday morning....
After 3 hours of sleep, I had to be at church early because it was my day to sing. It hurt getting up, and I was not at the best I could be vocally, but wow did it turn out to be a very special worship service!! I prayed alot for God to help me get to an attitude of worship and not to be tired. God did just that!! I wasn't tired, and the music and preaching were on point!! It was a wonderful time!! When I got home I HIT THE WALL!! LOL.
I took a Sunday afternoon nap. A good one!!
Sunday evening, I cooked dinner. Pasta primavera with squash, zuccini, carrots, and garlic with fresh grated parmasean. Baked chicken and broccoli.
Then we sent the children off to bed and watched Gran Torino. Very good movie (I hated the ending.)
A good time had by all!!
Great weekend!!
C

No comments: