Thursday, June 18, 2009

SENATOR Barbara Boxer claims she is NOT a lady.

I know. Strange title.
If you don't like politics, stop reading now.
A general with the Army Corps of Engineers is testifying in front of a Senate committee headed by Mrs. Boxer, when he has the audacity to refer to her as ma'am in answering a question. Mrs. Boxer immediately cut him off and asked him to refer to her as Senator Boxer, to which he replied yes ma'am.
I find it humorous since here in the south there is no greater sign of respect that you can show a lady than to call her ma'am. I have OFTEN been told "don't call me ma'am, I am younger than you"!! To which I ALWAYS respond the same way, "ma'am is a sign of respect, NOT AGE".
Anyway, I was taught that you use the word ma'am to show respect to a LADY.
Therefore, the only conclusion I can come up with is the SENATOR Boxer does NOT think herself a lady?

C

1 comment:

Steph said...

Craig,

I love it!!!

Steph