Monday, June 15, 2009

Worthy is the Lamb who was slain.

There was no flash of lightning or roll thunder followed by Caroline Helton getting out of her wheelchair. There was no army marching in the trees followed by her saying "Mommy, Daddy I love you." There was no marching around the wall seven times followed by Caroline walking. The point being, that to my naked and earthly eyes Caroline Helton is still awaiting a healing. That hurts. It hurts for our friends. It hurts for our church.
Pain is a feeling. It goes away.
Faith, however, is an action. It lasts eternally.
We are human, so there is some level of wallowing, or depression, anger, etc.
But, there is also a sense of pride. Granted, it may be hidden under some tears. But, pride nonetheless, because God spoke and I acted.
God spoke, and the Helton's acted.
God spoke, and the Strain's acted.
God spoke, and our church acted.
Not felt. Actually acted.
Acted.
Definition: To put into motion. Move upon.

Donna and I left the Helton's Friday night after a wonderful visit with them. It was almost midnite, and Caroline was not healed (that I could tell). But I was different. I wasn't the same person that I was, before last week. I think I realized that for a lot of my life, and all of my Christian life, I have been a negative, "that can't happen anymore", pharisee. This event, made me realize that God has called me to be "the church". Not to go to church. BE HIS CHURCH. I don't think you can be a pharisee and be the church at the same time. I really do think it is one or the other!!
So, hold a mirror up to yourself, and choose.
Don't just say I believe, show it.

Sunday school and church yesterday were something very special. Bible study we discussed the 4th commandment. Shep taught a great lesson on it, even though he would have probably preferred to be picnicing or something at his parents farm with his family close by!! Andrea had two solos during church!! (Turns out there is no verse or passage in the bible that allows us believers to only praise him when we are happy!!) It was INCREDIBLE!! That's all. Simply incredible!

Are you a pharisee or are you THE church?
C

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Do you not see your FAITH?? It is HUGE!! He is the only One that matters and HE is pleased to call us His kids.