Monday, April 6, 2009

Beach Times

We left on Friday after I got off of work and drove down to Dothan, before stopping to spend the night. We got up earlier than we wanted on Saturday morning, thanks to an 8 year old's excitment!! I won't mention any names (Griffin), so you won't know who I am writing about (grif). But this particular person (Griffin) was "so excited" to get down to the beach that he was "about to die!!" (Griffin).
Anyway, Saturday morning we drove the rest of the way into Destin and got to Silver Shells by 10:30 local time. We changed into our bathing suits and were spending time in the sun before noon!! Sunday was incredible!! Perfect beach day, and we were in the sand all day!! Wonderful!! I have made red beans and rice one night, Jon cooked steaks and baked potatos one night and we had burgers and dogs on the grill tonight!! So far it has been a phenomenal trip!!
Today was cold and tomorrow is supposed to be as well, but still gorgeous and a much needed recharge!! I have also kept up with cardio time, worked out Saturday and Sunday!!
I have even been catching up on my devotion time as well!! I don't know why I feel closer to God at the beach?!?! Maybe, just the vastness of the ocean he created!! Maybe it is thinking about the song by Nicole:
Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
Who told the ocean you can only come this far? And to be standing at the exact spot that is this far?!?!? is just incredible to me. Now, as with most devotions, they have been challenging!! One in particular, but that will be another post!!
Anyway, I am loving this vacation!! It is definately much needed!!

No comments: