Monday, April 27, 2009

It don't get much better than this!!

You remember that beer commercial line, "it don't get much better than this"? Well, that was my weekend!! Life is incredibly good right now, and I thank God for it.
Friday night we had the spring fling at Grif's school and then Grif had a late baseball game. They did great, and won, and Grif hit an inside the park homerun!!
Saturday, Grif had an early game that they won again!! Grif hit a solid double over the shortstops head!!
I went by to visit with my grandfather and grandmother for a few minutes after the game. I soooo miss spending time with Granddaddy Austin!! One of my hero's in life. I had a great visit, but had to get to the house to work in the yard!! We worked in my yard and Mr Tom's yard for the rest of the afternoon. Bailey asked if she could help, so I put her on the riding mower and gave her the first of many "driving" lessons!! She did wonderful, except for that moment when I was looking at her realizing just how grown up she is getting!!
Saturday night I helped Wendy with a wedding reception at the church. The place was beautiful and we served a meal fit for a king and queen!! A wonderful evening of service and I hope the bride and groom have a wonderful life memory from it!!
Sunday was phenomenal, incredible, inspiring, whatever other awesome adjective you can come up with!!
Shep was out of town, with a very serious business matter, so Andrea taught our Bible Study!! Oh my goodness!!! She was incredible, and spoke with such authority on the subject of your calling!! Using our study in Nehamiah, she spoke of some tough decisions she and Shep are going through in regards to Caroline. Hearing more of their hearts was touching, but the lesson in and of itself was tough. Not "coming down" off you mission, goal, calling, is NOT an easy task. Listening to someone talk to you, while you are hearing a message from God isn't as easy as you would think either. More on that another day!!
Worship time was incredible!! I told Donna later in the day that I could worship standing between Drew Startup and Andrea Helton if we were singing the A,B,C's!! Their voices are so incredible and I love hearing those harmonies blending together!! WOW!! Then Pastor Randall rocked the sermon!! He spoke to men yesterday and didn't mind "getting after it" a little!! It was a tough message to hear, but a great message to recieve!! I want to be more like the husband he was describing!! I hope Donna can bear with me until I get there!!
We left church and went to Fudrucker's with the Englands and Gochees and then onto the Rome Braves game!! Carey had gotten a suite and it was a blast!! The Braves got beat pretty bad but what an incredible day to be at the ballpark with friends!! Grif got the dipping dots (the holy grail to that 8 year old!!) and Bailey played with the little kids like an amazing big sister type!! She is going to make a great baby sitter and eventually a great mother!!
We got home and played outside for a LONG time!! We threw the softball and baseball around. Took some infield. Then played a boys against girls basketball game!!
An amazing weekend of family time and worship time!!
Thank you God for an incredible family and an incredible church family!!
C

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Don't you love it when God gives you great times like this? So glad you enjoyed Sunday...I pray He was glorified...because I was mortified!!
We just got back from the Englands...thanks for checking on him. He feels way better. Worship was fun..I hoped I wasn't throwing you off. I have a tendancy to just sing whatever I feel!