Thursday, March 19, 2009

Doctor's Appointment

Went to the doctor this morning for him to get a general "how are things going" visit. He seemed very pleased, as I went over everything that has happened since my last visit in January. I have lost a couple of pounds since the heart attack. I havn't smoked. I've taken all my meds. Eating "better". Eating less. 45 minutes of cardio 4 days a week. Blah, blah, blah....
He was smiling pretty good, and this doctor doesn't smile, so he was happy.
Then, I got some questions off my chest that I have been wanting to know the answers to, but have been a little afraid to ask. That didn't go very well. But, such is life..
We determined, through a little back and forth questioning, that some of the mood swings I am experiencing is related to a minor case of depression. Whatever...
I can monitor and see how I progress... or
I can add another pill to my list of daily meds... or
I can go talk to someone...

I told him for now I have to go with option A. The other two don't even sound remotely appealing!!

Anyway, the Doctor is very happy with my progress, so there is an update for anyone interested.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

GREAT news!!!! So proud of you for quitting smoking!! Keep up the good work.

Brenda
(Adelynn E's Mimi & Mande's Mom)