Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today is a PERFECT example.....

Would you like a look into my brain?? Today will give you a perfect example!!

When things are going on in my life, I think about other people. Almost, I guess, as a way to keep the real high moments in perspective and the real low moments from overtaking me?!?! I don't know, it is just what I do. Example is when I was in the hospital with my heart attack, I would often think of a parent out there in the world, watching their child take a first step. Or a person who unlocked the front door on their new home at that very moment I was laying in a hospital bed. Anyway, you get the point.
The existentialism of it all, if you will.
My God holding two opposites in his hand at the exact moment!!
Today, holds another example...

A few moments ago, the family of Boyd Lowery, laid him at his final resting place. Boyd is a man I have known, loved and respected ALL my life. I can't remember not knowing him. I grew up at Atco Baptist Church. He was a deacon. His children, Elizabeth, Billy, and Kenny, were older than me. I can see his smile in my mind as I type. He was a man that showed me another example of how to be a Godly man, a good father, and a great husband. I will miss Boyd, and I will be praying for Shirley!! She is an awesome Godly woman. I am sure she is having a tough day. But at the same exact moment, my sister Janet is in the hospital about to give birth to her first child.

I will soon be an uncle. But, this is just another example of how GREAT our God is!! God is currently holding the Lowery family close. God is pouring grace on them in their grief. At the EXACT same time my God is holding my sister close in what will be one of the absolute GREATEST days of her life!!

Two families that both love the same God. It is just amazing!! God is just amazing. You may read this and think, Craig is off his rocker, but that is the way my mind works!!
C

No comments: