Monday, March 23, 2009

Wow - what a weekend!!

I had a phenomenal weekend!! It was great. It was amazing.
Friday I got home, and Donna had already taken the kids to my mom's!! We went out on a date night. Hearth & Harvest!! mmmmm. The food was incredible but the company and conversation was indescribable!! What a woman.

Saturday Donna took Grif to baseball practice while I dusted off and charged the battery on the lawnmower!! I worked in the yard for about 6 hours (of course there is another 100 hours that could be spent out there!!). We played in the yard with Grif and Bailey for a long time!! It was a blast of a day. Then I cooked dinner. Pork chops, field peas, corn. mmmmmm.

Sunday was a blast at church. Praise team practice/soundcheck was smooth. Bible study was incredible!! We were supposed to be studying Nehemiah, but God spoke to Shep this week and he shared that with us, and at the same time, God moved Shep out of the way and spoke to all of us. It was a wonderful time with the people Donna and I are getting to know. I can tell you that I don't know what God is planning for Shep and Andrea, but just as outside looking in, something is going on!! Something BIG is going to happen, soon.
Shep spoke at length on serving two masters, God and Money. The fact is, that cannot be done. A lot of people are struggling right now. Shep was testifying as to how God shined a light on his lack of joy or happiness as compared to a different time, with the only difference being less money.
Funny that a friend of mine had gone to Mt Paran yesterday and Dr Cooper had preached on the very same topic and was relating the loss of money with the story of Gideon.
No, you have too many soldiers, that won't show my glory.
No, you have too much material wealth, that won't show my glory.
I don't know what I am saying, but God is saying something to us/me on this subject!! More later.
Worship was incredible!! Doug preached, filling in for our Pastor. Doug is wonderful at preaching with humor. He is gifted from God in getting a point across!!
I had decided I was doing something special for dinner!! So I got recipe books out and made a decision. (Kudos to the Mayo clinic online!! Great source for healthy recipes!!)
Anyway...
Balsamic glazed Salmon over a garlic mash. Roasted vegetables with a crescent roll.
It presented as a gorgeous and colorful plate!!
Then for desert, I invited a couple of neighbors over, so I wouldn't have too much left over!! (Not good for me AT ALL!!) I did a Barefoot Contessa, sticky bun recipe with a scoop of ice cream!! Oh my goodness.

This morning was tough getting out of bed, but I had cardiac rehab, and with a great workout, it was going to be my last class!! Everything was perfect!! 4.5 MPH at a 2.5 degree incline for 20 minutes and my heart rate never got over 125!! WooHoo, I is a graduate of cardiac rehab!! Yeahhhhhhhh. Of course, I still have to do it on my own, but it is better than paying someone else, and having to drive down to Northside Hospital!!

What a weekend, Oh and a BIG thank you to Andrea for "dragging" my wife into choir!! It was even more amazing to worship with my baby up there worshipping too!!

C

1 comment:

Steph said...

Craig,

Now we just have to drag her into practice so that she can be up there with us every week.

Love ya,
Steph